Tuesday, March 13, 2012

13 week Ultrasound


Our 13 week ultrasound was a success! Both babies are growing at a healthy pace and the heart rates were 158 and 161 BPM. This picture is a little blurry, but you can see "top bunk" laying on his/her back while "bottom bunk" is turned face forward (and honestly looking a little squished). It was so fun to see them both of them moving around and kicking their little legs. And what a relief to know they are healthy!

While we are a little anxious about adding two members to our family at once, we are are becoming more and more excited as we watch our little ones grow. I'm currently 14 weeks along, the start of my second trimester! I'm still nauseous, especially in the morning and at night, but Matthew has been so supportive and helpful during the times when I can do little more than lay on the couch. I'm confident that soon (within the next couple months) I will be feeling much better. Unfortunately, my belly is growing at an alarming rate, so I'm sure more discomforts are in my future.

Jackson is doing great and even had a little taste of what having a sibling will be like this past weekend while our friends Diana and Tyler were in town. Jackson and Tyler are just less than 3 years apart, which will be the same age gap between Jackson and the twins. They had a blast running around Cades Cove and playing together!

1 comment: