Monday, March 16, 2009

Our little wiggle worm



What an exciting doctor's visit! I got an opportunity to see baby Slayden today and my goodness he/she loves to wiggle! Moving it's arms and legs and even rolling over, you would think it was dancing to music. At 2.5 inches and just under an ounce, Mommy isn't feeling the movements yet, but it's great to know I have an active little baby growing inside my belly. The heart rate was 162 pbm. We even got to hear 4 precious beats before the little wiggle worm moved again. In the picture above you can see two little legs and the left hand. Baby's right hand is up next to it's face. The blood work from my last visit came back normal and now we are just waiting on the test results from this visit to learn more about the health of the baby.


I'm still experiencing nausea about once a day, but I can tell it's not as severe as before. I will be 12 weeks along this Friday so hopefully it will continue to ease up as I start into my second trimester. I will keep everyone up to date as the baby and I continue to grow.

4 comments:

  1. Those look like Mr Slayden's chicken legs! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie and Matt, congratulations!! I can't believe we haven't been able to talk to you at church to find out!! Yay, 2 new little All Souls members, haha! I found your blog through random blog stalking. We have one too for our family, its www.catahud.blogspot.com. Congrats again, and I can't wait to talk to you guys!

    Ashlea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that a being under 1 ounce in weight can still look like a person! That is just a miracle to me! I mean, i can see a head and arms and legs and everything and imagine that it is all big but then i read that it is only an ounce!! I can eat 8 ounces of steak! That is like 8 little slaydens and that is so freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amy! It is hard to imagine that you can eat 8 baby Slaydens!! Too Funny!

    ReplyDelete